After some time. I believe this is correct. The "load" seems to be correlated to compactions/number of files for keyspace/IO etc.

Thanks all!

Regards,

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
At times of high load check the CPU % for the java service running C* to confirm C* is the source of load.

If the load is generated from C* check the logs (or use OpsCentre / other monitoring) to see if it correlated to compaction, or Garbage Collection or repair or high throughput.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton