I have an issue with counters, yesterday I had a lot of ununderstandable reads/sec on one server. I finally restart Cassandra. It didn't solve the problem so I stopped Cassandra again on that node and restart my ec2 server. This solved the issue (1800 r/s to 100 r/s).
Today I changed my cassandra.yml and restart this same server to apply my conf.
I just noticed that my homepage (which uses a Cassandra counter and refreshes every sec) shows me 4 different values. 2 of them repeatedly (5000 and 4000) and the 2 other some rare times (5500 and 3800)
Only the counters made today and yesterday are concerned.
I performed a repair without success. These data are the heart of our business so if someone had any clue on it, I would be really grateful...
The sooner the better, I am in production with these random counters.
My environnement is 2 nodes (EC2 large), RF 2, CL.ONE (R & W), Random Partitioner.
xxx.xxx.xxx.241 eu-west 1b Up Normal 151.95 GB 50.00% 0
xxx.xxx.xxx.109 eu-west 1b Up Normal 117.71 GB 50.00% 85070591730234615865843651857942052864