Do you know where (which e-mail thread) was it discussed? I would like to know a little further about it.
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg25033.html

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton

On 3/10/2012, at 8:24 PM, Felipe Schmidt <felipefsch@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Ben. Yes, that's what I'm doing.

Do you know where (which e-mail thread) was it discussed? I would like to know a little further about it.
Anyway, if I try to use the method Schema.instance.getTables, that returns a list of all registered tables (keyspaces) into the system, it returns null.
Do you have some idea about why is it happening?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Felipe Mathias Schmidt
(Computer Science UFRGS, RS, Brazil)

2012/10/2 Ben Hood <0x6e6562@gmail.com>
Filipe,

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Felipe Schmidt <felipefsch@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems like the information was dropped or, maybe, not existent in this
> instance of the Schema. But, as soon as I know, it's just one instance of
> the schema in Cassandra, right?

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to process the commit
log to get a change list?

If so, then this question has been asked and the general consensus is
that whilst being possible, the commit log is an internal apparatus
subject to change that is not guaranteed to give you the information
you think you should get. Other suggested approaches include producing
your event stream of mutations using AOP or multiplexing change events
on the app layer as they go into Cassandra.

HTH,

Ben