The other nodes may be trying to connect to it - it may be listed as a
seed node on the other machines?
The other nodes will be looking for it.

Change the Cluster Name in the yaml file.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton

On 30/09/2012, at 12:04 AM, Tim Wintle <timwintle@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, 2012-09-28 at 18:53 +0000, Xu, Zaili wrote:
Hi,

I have an existing Cassandra Cluster. I removed a node from the cluster. Then I decommissioned the removed node, stopped it,  updated its config so that it only has itself as the seed and in the cassandra-topology.properties file, even deleted the data, commitlog, and saved_caches. But as soon as I start it backup it is able to join back to the cluster.  How does this node know the information of the existing cluster and was able to join it ?

The other nodes may be trying to connect to it - it may be listed as a
seed node on the other machines?

Tim