I had a quick look at the code (1.1X) and could not see a facility to purge dropped cf's from key or row caches.

Could you create a ticket on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA ?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton

On 27/09/2012, at 9:58 PM, Tamar Fraenkel <tamar@tok-media.com> wrote:

Hi!
One more question:
I have couple of dropped column families, and in the JMX console I don't see them under org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilies, BUT I do see them under org.apache.cassandra.db.Caches, and the cache is not empty!
Does it mean that Cassandra still keep memory busy doing caching for a non-existing column family? If so, how do I remove those caches?

Thanks!

Tamar Fraenkel
Senior Software Engineer, TOK Media

<tokLogo.png>