From Oleg Dulin <oleg.du...@gmail.com>
Subject 1.1.1 is "repair" still needed ?
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 19:56:24 GMT
My understanding is that the repair has to happen within gc_grace period.

But in 1.1.1 you can set gc_grace by CF. A couple of my CFs that are
frequently updated have gc_grace of 1 hour, but we do run a weekly
repair.

So the question is, is this still needed ? Do we even need to run
nodetool repair ?

If gc_grace is 10 days on all other CFs, are we saying that as long as
we restart that node within the 10 day period we don't need to run
nodetool repair ?

The reason I bring this up is because repair once in a while runs for
more than a day on some of these nodes (500+Gigs of data) and it is
causing slowness with read requests.

--
Regards,
Oleg Dulin