From Rishabh Agrawal <rishabh.agra...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Query over secondary indexes
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 09:15:40 GMT
Try making user_name a primary key in combination with some other unique column and see if
results are improving.
-Rishabh
From: Vivek Mishra [mailto:mishra.vivs@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 2:35 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Query over secondary indexes

I have a column family "User" which is having a indexed column "user_name". My schema is having
around 0.1 million records only and user_name is duplicated  across all rows.

Now when i am trying to retrieve it as:

get User where user_name = 'Vivek', it is taking ages to retrieve that data. Is there anything
i am doing wrong?

Also, i tried get_indexed_slices via Thrift API by setting  IndexClause.setCount(1), still
 no luck, it got hang and not even returning a single result. I believe 0.1 million is not
a huge amount of data.

Cassandra version : 1.1.2

Any idea?

-Vivek

Impetus Ranked in the Top 50 India's Best Companies to Work For 2012.

Impetus webcast 'Designing a Test Automation Framework for Multi-vendor Interoperable Systems'
available at http://lf1.me/0E/.

or interference.