From "Hiller, Dean" <>
Subject 1000's of CF's. PlayOrm solves the cassandra limit on #ColFamily
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 20:10:35 GMT
Okay, so it only took me two solid days not a week.  PlayOrm in master branch now supports
virtual CF's or virtual tables in ONE CF, so you can have 1000's or millions of virtual CF's
in one CF now.  It works with all the Scalable-SQL, works with the joins, and works with the
PlayOrm command line tool.

Two ways to do it, if you are using the ORM half, you just annotate

So it's stored in sharedCf with the table name of MyVirtualCfName(in command line tool, use
MyVirtualCfName to query the table).

Then if you don't know your meta data ahead of time, you need to create DboTableMeta and DboColumnMeta
objects and save them for every table you create and can use TypedRow to read and persist
(which is what we have a project doing).

If you try it out let me know.  We usually get bug fixes in pretty fast if you run into anything.
 (more and more questions are forming on stack overflow as well ;) ).

View raw message