From Daniel Woo <daniel.y....@gmail.com>
Subject cassandra 1.0.8 memory usage
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 06:04:27 GMT
Hi guys,

I am running a mini cluster with 6 nodes, recently we see very frequent
ParNewGC on two nodes. It takes 200 - 800 ms on average, sometimes it takes
5 seconds. You know, hte ParNewGC is stop-of-wolrd GC and our client throws
SocketTimeoutException every 3 minutes.

I checked the load, it seems well balanced, and the two nodes are running
on the same hardware: 2 * 4 cores xeon with 16G RAM, we give cassandrda 4G
heap, including 800MB young generation. We did not see any swap usage
during the GC, any idea about this?

Then I took a heap dump, it shows that 5 instances of JmxMBeanServer holds
500MB memory and most of the referenced objects are JMX mbean related, it's
kind of wired to me and looks like a memory leak.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Daniel