From Manu Zhang <owenzhang1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Attempting to load already loaded column family during startup
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:49:46 GMT
I know what happened here. The node encountering exception during startup
is 1.2 while there is another node of 1.2-beta2.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4416 includes metadata for
system keyspace itself in schema_* tables. Hence, when both nodes were up,
1.2-beta2 node streamed that metadata to 1.2 node. Now when I restarted 1.2
node, the following code will load system keyspace again when only
non-system keyspace should be loaded.

 public static Collection<KSMetaData> loadFromTable()
    {
        List<Row> serializedSchema =
SystemTable.serializedSchema(SystemTable.SCHEMA_KEYSPACES_CF);

        List<KSMetaData> keyspaces = new
ArrayList<KSMetaData>(serializedSchema.size());

        for (Row row : serializedSchema)
        {
            if (invalidSchemaRow(row))
                continue;

            keyspaces.add(KSMetaData.fromSchema(row,
serializedColumnFamilies(row.key)));
        }

        return keyspaces;
    }

In 1.2-beta2, system keyspace will be filtered out.

I think I'm gonna update my 1.2 node.