From Ben Hood <0x6e6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1000's of column families
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 13:55:05 GMT
Brian,

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Brian O'Neill <boneill42@gmail.com> wrote:

> Without putting too much thought into it...
>
> Given the underlying architecture, I think you could/would have to write
> your own partitioner, which would partition based on the prefix/virtual
> keyspace.

I might be barking up the wrong tree here, but looking at source of
ColumnFamilyInputFormat, it seems that you can specify a KeyRange for
the input, but only when you use an order preserving partitioner. So I
presume that if you are using the RandomPartitioner, you are
effectively doing a full CF scan (i.e. including all tenants in your
system).

Ben