From John Sanda <john.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject CQL load balancing
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:03:41 GMT
Hector provides load balancing so that requests can be distributed across
cluster nodes based on a specified policy, like round robin. Is there
anything similar planned for CQL? I see that there is an open issue (
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/cassandra-jdbc/issues/detail?id=41)
to add support for pooled connections in cassandra-jdbc.Could load
balancing be incorporated into the connection pooling support? I have also
started reading up on the CQL transport protocol and am wondering if it
does or will provide anything for load balancing.

Thanks

- John