From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Multiple counters value after restart
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 21:14:16 GMT
What version of cassandra are you using ?

>  I finally restart Cassandra. It didn't solve the problem so I stopped Cassandra again
on that node and restart my ec2 server. This solved the issue (1800 r/s to 100 r/s).
Can you explain this further?
Was something writing to the cluster ?
Did you drain for the upgrade ? https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-1.1/NEWS.txt#L17

> Today I changed my cassandra.yml and restart this same server to apply my conf.
What changes did you make ?

> I just noticed that my homepage (which uses a Cassandra counter and refreshes every sec)
shows me 4 different values. 2 of them repeatedly (5000 and 4000) and the 2 other some rare
times (5500 and 3800)
Are you saying that a particular counter column is giving different values for different reads
?
What CL are you using ?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 31/10/2012, at 3:39 AM, Jason Wee <peichieh@gmail.com> wrote:

> maybe enable the debug in log4j-server.properties and going through the log to see what
actually happen?

> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodrime@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an issue with counters, yesterday I had a lot of ununderstandable reads/sec on
one server. I finally restart Cassandra. It didn't solve the problem so I stopped Cassandra
again on that node and restart my ec2 server. This solved the issue (1800 r/s to 100 r/s).

> Today I changed my cassandra.yml and restart this same server to apply my conf.
>
> I just noticed that my homepage (which uses a Cassandra counter and refreshes every sec)
shows me 4 different values. 2 of them repeatedly (5000 and 4000) and the 2 other some rare
times (5500 and 3800)

> Only the counters made today and yesterday are concerned.
>
> I performed a repair without success. These data are the heart of our business so if
someone had any clue on it, I would be really grateful...

> The sooner the better, I am in production with these random counters.
>
> Alain
>
> INFO:
>
> My environnement is 2 nodes (EC2 large), RF 2, CL.ONE (R & W), Random Partitioner.
>
> xxx.xxx.xxx.241    eu-west     1b          Up     Normal  151.95 GB       50.00%
         0
> xxx.xxx.xxx.109    eu-west     1b          Up     Normal  117.71 GB       50.00%
         85070591730234615865843651857942052864