From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: cassandra key cache question
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 00:28:20 GMT
I had a quick look at the code (1.1X) and could not see a facility to purge dropped cf's from
key or row caches.

Could you create a ticket on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA ?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 27/09/2012, at 9:58 PM, Tamar Fraenkel <tamar@tok-media.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> One more question:
> I have couple of dropped column families, and in the JMX console I don't see them under
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilies, BUT I do see them under org.apache.cassandra.db.Caches,
and the cache is not empty!
> Does it mean that Cassandra still keep memory busy doing caching for a non-existing column
family? If so, how do I remove those caches?