From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: how to implement a client with off-heap memory
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 07:30:10 GMT
The thrift client is just auto generated code, if you really wanted to you may be able to change
/ override it to modify the SerDe when it pulls things off the wire.

Not sure if this does what you are looking for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2478

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 29/10/2012, at 4:59 PM, Manu Zhang <owenzhang1990@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been writing a client on Cassandra Thrift API. The client will read almost 1G of
data into JVM heap and thus its performance suffers from GC operations.
> To reduce latency, I'm currently thinking about implementing an off-heap memory (just
like that of RowCache) to hold data and manage it myself.