From weiz <wz1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Benifits by adding nodes to the cluster
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 18:14:35 GMT
One follow up questions.
I have been told that it's much easier to scale the cluster by doubling the
number of nodes, since no token changed needed on the existing nodes.
But if the number of nodes is substantial, it's not realistic to double it
every time. How easy is to add let's say 3 additional nodes to the existing
10 nodes? I understand the process of moving around data and delete unused
data. Just want to understand from the operational point of view, how
difficult is that? We are in the processing of evaluating the nosql
solution, one important consideration is the operation cost. Any real world
experience is very much appreciated.

Thanks.
-Wei