From Nick Morizio <nmori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Issue removing rows
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2012 15:49:51 GMT
I'm wondering if anyone has seen this issue before:

We are running Cassandra 1.1.5 on linux, latest Oracle JDK 6.

Starting with a fresh, empty cassandra on a new ring (~7 nodes), we create our keyspace and
insert a row.  We then try to remove that row, at which point the operation fails and times
out. We can keep inserting new rows, but this failure occurs as soon as we try to remove one.

The specific error we are getting is an exception in MutationStage, caused by an IllegalArgumentException
to Buffer.limit() while trying to perform the mutate.  This same error occurs on any node
where we try this test.

The commit logs are created, but as far as I can tell no data is ever written to the keyspace
dir.

We are using StorageProxy directly, but in this case it is pretty much a copy/paste from what
the thrift server is doing.

This code has been working without issue on other servers, but for some reason it is not working
on a new set of servers and I'm at a loss trying to diagnose.

Has anybody seen a similar issue?