From Bryce Godfrey <Bryce.Godf...@azaleos.com>
Subject RE: High bandwidth usage between datacenters for cluster
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2012 23:18:25 GMT
Network topology with the topology file filled out is already the configuration we are using.

From: sankalp kohli [mailto:kohlisankalp@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:55 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: High bandwidth usage between datacenters for cluster

Use placement_strategy = 'org.apache.cassandra.locator.NetworkTopologyStrategy' and also fill
the topology.properties file. This will tell cassandra that you have two DCs. You can verify
that by looking at output of the ring command.

If you DCs are setup properly, only one request will go over WAN. Though the responses from
all nodes in other DC will go over WAN.

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Bryce Godfrey <Bryce.Godfrey@azaleos.com<mailto:Bryce.Godfrey@azaleos.com>>