I did see problems with schema agreement on 1.1.4, but they did go away after rolling restart (BTW: it would be still good to check describe schema for unreachable). Same rolling restart helped to force compactions after moving to Leveled compaction. If your compactions still don't go, you can try removing *.json files from the data directory of the stopped node to force moving all SSTables to level0.

Best regards, Vitalii Tymchyshyn