OK, thanks! I will vote for that ticket.

On a production system, I have an extremely big table. I want to physically delete it. It it safe to just delete the commit log files after a drain?

1) Drain node
2) Stop Cassandra
3) Delete commit log files
4) Delete all files related to the big table
5) Restart Cassandra

Thanks

Rene

2012/9/7 Rob Coli <rcoli@palominodb.com>
On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 6:38 AM, Rene Kochen <rene.kochen@schange.com> wrote:
> If I use node-tool drain, it does stop accepting writes and flushes the
> tables. However, is it normal that the commit log files are not deleted and
> that it gets replayed?

It's not expected by design, but it does seem to be normal in
cassandra 1.0.x. I've spoken with other operators and they anecdotally
report the same behavior when doing the same operation you describe.

The more people who report that they have the issue, the greater
chance of a response or fix, so I suggest commenting "me too!" on that
ticket.. :)

=Rob

--
=Robert Coli