From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Query advice to prevent node overload
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 02:06:44 GMT
> Could you explain the usage of the "sentinel"?
Queries that use a secondary index must include an equality clause. That's the sentinel is
there for…

> select filename from inode where filename > ‘/tmp’ and filename < ‘/tmq’
and sentinel = ‘x’;

Cheers
-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17/09/2012, at 9:17 PM, André Cruz <andre.cruz@co.sapo.pt> wrote:

> On Sep 17, 2012, at 3:04 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
>
>>> I have a schema that represents a filesystem and one example of a Super CF is:
>> This may help with some ideas
>> http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/cassandra-file-system-design
>
> Could you explain the usage of the "sentinel"? Which nodes have it? I understand that
it should be used for recursive dir listings, to restrict the nodes returned to the "/tmp/"
dir, but I'm not sure I understand how it works....