From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: Query advice to prevent node overload
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 02:06:44 GMT
> Could you explain the usage of the "sentinel"?
Queries that use a secondary index must include an equality clause. That's the sentinel is
there for…

> select filename from inode where filename > ‘/tmp’ and filename < ‘/tmq’
and sentinel = ‘x’;

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer

On 17/09/2012, at 9:17 PM, André Cruz <> wrote:

> On Sep 17, 2012, at 3:04 AM, aaron morton <> wrote:
>>> I have a schema that represents a filesystem and one example of a Super CF is:
>> This may help with some ideas
> Could you explain the usage of the "sentinel"? Which nodes have it? I understand that
it should be used for recursive dir listings, to restrict the nodes returned to the "/tmp/"
dir, but I'm not sure I understand how it works....
> Thanks,
> André

View raw message