From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject any ways to have compaction use less disk space?
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 19:10:33 GMT
While diskspace is cheap, nodes are not that cheap, and usually systems have a 1T limit on
each node which means we would love to really not add more nodes until we hit 70% disk space
instead of the normal 50% that we have read about due to compaction.

Is there any way to use less disk space during compactions?
Is there any work being done so that compactions take less space in the future meaning we
can buy less nodes?

Thanks,
Dean