From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject thoughts on this feature request
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:59:25 GMT
Using wide rows for indexing is extremely common.  I was wondering if we could get some type
of command like so for index rows

Remove <value1>.<pkX> AND Add <value2>.<pkX> such that if <value1>.<pkX>
is NOT found, the whole row will be scanned for <ANYvalue>.<pkX> and remove that
value instead.  This would rock for all those people using wide rows as indices on a RF=3
with QUOROM writes and reads as the index would always be consistent as well.

The above situation can occur frequently in some systems and it would just be nice for it
not to happen with QUOROM and RF=3 is all.

Maybe I should just file a ticket and if it ever picks up enough votes, the community might
consider implementing it?

Thoughts?

Dean