From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject any way to prefer just 3 column families for partial row caching
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:54:51 GMT
We have 3 tables for all indexing we do called
IntegerIndexing
DecimalIndexing
StringIndexing

playOrm would prefer that only these rows are cached as every row in those tables are indices.
 Customers/Clients of playOrm tend to always hit the same index rows over and over as they
are using the app because the end customer is typically very related to those indexes.  Some
of these rows may have millions of columns though.  That should not be an issue, should it?

With this tuning, we can probably beat our previous query performance of 60ms…we never really
want to cache data rows, at least I don't think we want to as I am not sure there would be
much benefit but the index rows are constantly hit and when a few of them start to get hit,
they get hit repeatedly as the user uses the system in general.

Thanks,
Dean