From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject cassandra performance looking great...
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 14:01:08 GMT
So we wrote 1,000,000 rows into cassandra and ran a simple S-SQL(Scalable SQL) query of

PARTITIONS n(:partition) SELECT n FROM TABLE as n WHERE n.numShares >= :low and n.pricePerShare
>= :price

It ran in 60ms

So basically playOrm is going to support millions of rows per partition.  This is great news.
 We expect the join performance to be very similar since the trees of pricePerShare and numShares
are really no different than the join trees.

Sooooo, millions of rows per partition and as many partitions as you want, it scales wonderfully…..CASSANDRA
ROCKS!!!!

Behind the scenes, there is a wide row per partition per index so the above query behind the
scenes has two rows each with 1,000,000 columns.

Later,
Dean