From Ananth Gundabattula <>
Subject Re: configure KeyCahce to use Non-Heap memory ?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 11:31:05 GMT
Hello Aaron,

Thanks a lot for the response. Raised a request

Here is the nodetool dump: (from one of the two nodes in the cluster)

Token            : 0
Gossip active    : true
Thrift active    : true
Load             : 147.64 GB
Generation No    : 1346635362
Uptime (seconds) : 182707
Heap Memory (MB) : 4884.33 / 8032.00
Data Center      : datacenter1
Rack             : rack1
Exceptions       : 0
Key Cache        : size 777651120 (bytes), capacity 777651120 (bytes), 44354999 hits, 98275175
requests, 0.451 recent hit rate, 14400 save period in seconds
Row Cache        : size 0 (bytes), capacity 0 (bytes), 0 hits, 0 requests, NaN recent hit
rate, 0 save period in seconds

Number of rows in the 2 node cluster is 74+ Million

From: aaron morton <<>>
Date: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 11:33 AM
To: "<>" <<>>
Subject: Re: configure KeyCahce to use Non-Heap memory ?

Is there any way I can configure KeyCahce to use Non-Heap memory ?
You could add a feature request here

Could you post some stats on the current key cache size and hit rate ? (from nodetool info)
It would be interesting to know how many keys it contains Vs the number of rows on the box
and the hit rate.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer

On 4/09/2012, at 3:01 PM, Ananth Gundabattula <<>>

Is there any way I can configure KeyCahce to use Non-Heap memory ?

We have large memory nodes :  ~96GB memory per node and effectively using only  8 GB configured
for heap ( to avoid GC issues because of a large heap)

We have a constraint with respect to :

 1.  Row cache models don't reflect our data query patterns and hence can only optimize on
the key cache
 2.  Time constrained to change our schema to be more NO-SQL specific

View raw message