From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: are asynchronous schema updates possible ?
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 20:54:22 GMT
+1 What kinds of problems?
Thanks,
Dean

From: Илья Шипицин <chipitsine@gmail.com<mailto:chipitsine@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:12 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: are asynchronous schema updates possible ?

what kind of  problems?

"nodes do not agree about schema" exception on later node ? something worse?

2012/9/5 Sylvain Lebresne <sylvain@datastax.com<mailto:sylvain@datastax.com>>
On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM, Илья Шипицин <chipitsine@gmail.com<mailto:chipitsine@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Is it ok multiple servers will create/update the same CF at once ? I'm
> looking into dynamic schema update during application deploy/update.

As said above, it is ok for update the same CF concurrently in 1.1 but
*not* for creation (if you create CF concurrently, whether that is the
same CF or not, you might have problem). The last part will be fixed
in 1.2 however.

--
Sylvain