From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: persistent compaction issue (1.1.4 and 1.1.5)
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:53:56 GMT
What Compaction Strategy are you using ?
Are there any errors in the logs ?
If you restart a node how long does it take for the numbers to start to rise ?

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer

On 18/09/2012, at 7:39 AM, Michael Kjellman <> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have an issue where each one of my nodes (currently all running at 1.1.5) is reporting
around 30,000 pending compactions. I understand that a pending compaction doesn't necessarily
mean it is a scheduled task however I'm confused why this behavior is occurring. It is the
same on all nodes, occasionally goes down 5k pending compaction tasks, and then returns to
25,000-35,000 compaction tasks pending.
> I have tried a repair operation/scrub operation on two of the nodes and while compactions
initially happen the number of pending compactions does not decrease.
> Any ideas? Thanks for your time.
> Best,
> michael
> 'Like' us on Facebook for exclusive content and other resources on all Barracuda Networks
> Visit

View raw message