From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: Changing bloom filter false positive ratio
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 16:52:54 GMT
> changing it on some of them.  Can I just change that value through the
> cli and restart or are there any concerns I should have before trying
> to tweak that parameter?

You can change it, you don't have to restart. It will take effect on
new sstables - flushed and compacted, not on pre-existing sstables.

Keep in mind that you can get to about half the size of the default
(iirc with about 10% fp chance). Beyond that you have extremely
diminishing returns.

--
/ Peter Schuller (@scode, http://worldmodscode.wordpress.com)