From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: JVM 7, Cass 1.1.1 and G1 garbage collector
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 07:11:15 GMT
> Relatedly, I'd love to learn how to reliably reproduce full GC pauses
> on C* 1.1+.

Our full gc:s are typically not very frequent. Few days or even weeks
in between, depending on cluster. But it happens on several clusters;
I'm guessing most (but I haven't done a systematic analysis). The only
question is how often. But given the lack of handling of such failure
modes, the effect on clients is huge. Recommend data reads by default
to mitigate this and a slew of other sources of problems (and for
counter increments, we're rolling out least-active-request routing).

--
/ Peter Schuller (@scode, http://worldmodscode.wordpress.com)