From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: Changing bloom filter false positive ratio
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 17:04:18 GMT
> I have a hunch that the SSTable selection based on the Min and Max keys in
> ColumnFamilyStore.markReferenced() means that a higher false positive has
> less of an impact.
>
> it's just a hunch, i've not tested it.

For leveled compaction, yes. For non-leveled, I can't see how it would
since each sstable will effectively cover almost the entire range
(since you're effectively spraying random tokens at it, unless clients
are writing data in md5 order).

(Maybe it's different for ordered partitioning though.)

--
/ Peter Schuller (@scode, http://worldmodscode.wordpress.com)