From Juan Valencia <jvalen...@sharethis.com>
Subject Using Cassandra BulkOuputFormat With newer versions of Hadoop (.23+)
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 23:40:36 GMT
I can't seem to get Bulk Loading to Work in newer versions of Hadoop.
since they switched JobContext from a class to an interface
You lose binary backward compatibility....
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found
interface org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext, but class was expected
at
org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.BulkOutputFormat.checkOutputSpecs(BulkOutputFormat.java:42)

I tried recompiling against the newer Hadoop, but things got messy fast.
 Has anyone done this?