From Aaron Turner <synfina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: any ways to have compaction use less disk space?
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 19:55:04 GMT
1. Use compression

2. Used Leveled Compaction

Also, 1TB/node is a lot larger then the normal recommendation...
generally speaking more in the 300-400GB range.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Hiller, Dean <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov> wrote:
> While diskspace is cheap, nodes are not that cheap, and usually systems have a 1T limit
on each node which means we would love to really not add more nodes until we hit 70% disk
space instead of the normal 50% that we have read about due to compaction.

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/         Twitter: @synfinatic