From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: is this a cassandra bug?
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 12:54:02 GMT
You're mistaking 'key validation class' and 'comparator'. It is your
key validation class that is DecimalType. Your comparator is UTF8Type,
and yes, switching the comparator from UTF8Type to DecimalType is not
allowed.

--
Sylvain

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Hiller, Dean <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov> wrote:
> This is cassandra 1.1.4
>
> Describe shows DecimalType and I test setting comparator TOOOOO the DecimalType and it
fails  (Realize I have never touched this column family until now except for posting data
which succeeded)

> [default@unknown] use databus;
> Authenticated to keyspace: databus
> [default@databus] describe bacnet9800AnalogInput9;
>     ColumnFamily: bacnet9800AnalogInput9
>       Key Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.DecimalType
>       Default column value validator: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType
>       Columns sorted by: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
>       GC grace seconds: 864000
>       Compaction min/max thresholds: 4/32
>       Read repair chance: 0.1
>       DC Local Read repair chance: 0.0
>       Replicate on write: true
>       Caching: KEYS_ONLY
>       Bloom Filter FP chance: default
>       Built indexes: []
>       Compaction Strategy: org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.SizeTieredCompactionStrategy
>       Compression Options:
>         sstable_compression: org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.SnappyCompressor
> [default@databus] update column family bacnet9800AnalogInput9 with comparator = DecimalType;
> org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException
> [default@databus]
>
> Exception from system.log from the node in the cluster is
>
> ERROR [MigrationStage:1] 2012-09-25 14:11:20,327 AbstractCassandraDaemon.java (line 134)
Exception in thread Thread[MigrationStage:1,5,main]
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: org.apache.cassandra.config.ConfigurationException:
comparators do not match or are not compatible.