From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: 1000's of column families
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 08:37:14 GMT
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Hiller, Dean <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov> wrote:
> We are streaming data with 1 stream per 1 CF and we have 1000's of CF.  When using the
tools they are all geared to analyzing ONE column family at a time :(.  If I remember correctly,
Cassandra supports as many CF's as you want, correct?  Even though I am going to have tons
of funs with limitations on the tools, correct?

> (I may end up wrapping the node tool with my own aggregate calls if needed to sum up
multiple column families and such).

Is there a non rhetorical question in there? Maybe is that a feature
request in disguise?

--
Sylvain