From rohit bhatia <rohit2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: are counters stable enough for production?
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 07:25:29 GMT
We use counters in a 8 node cluster with RF 2 in cassandra 1.0.5.
We use phpcassa and execute cql queries through thrift to work with
composite types.

We do not have any problem of overcounts as we tally with RDBMS daily.

It works fine but we are having some GC pressure for young generation.
Per my calculation around 50-100 KB of garbage is generated every
counter increment.
Is this memory usage expected of counters?