From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cassandra performance looking great...
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 14:22:38 GMT
Try to get Cassandra running the TPH-C benchmarks and beat oracle :)

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Hiller, Dean <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov> wrote:
> So we wrote 1,000,000 rows into cassandra and ran a simple S-SQL(Scalable SQL) query
of

> PARTITIONS n(:partition) SELECT n FROM TABLE as n WHERE n.numShares >= :low and n.pricePerShare
>= :price
>
> It ran in 60ms
>
> So basically playOrm is going to support millions of rows per partition.  This is great
news.  We expect the join performance to be very similar since the trees of pricePerShare
and numShares are really no different than the join trees.

> Sooooo, millions of rows per partition and as many partitions as you want, it scales
wonderfully…..CASSANDRA ROCKS!!!!

> Behind the scenes, there is a wide row per partition per index so the above query behind
the scenes has two rows each with 1,000,000 columns.