From Edward Kibardin <infa...@gmail.com>
Subject Once again, super columns or composites?
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 21:52:02 GMT
Hi Community,

I know, I know... every one is claiming Super Columns are not good enough
and it dangerous to use them now.
But from my perspective, they have several very good advantages like:

   1. You are not fixed schema and always can add one more columns to
   subset of your supercolumns
   2. SuperColumn is loaded as whole if you requesting for at least one sub
   column, but it's the same as loading a whole composite value to get only
   one sub-value
   3. In supercolumns you can update only one subcolumn without touching
   other subcolumns, in case of composites you're unable to update just a
   portion of composite value.

May be I do not understand composites correctly, but having very small
supercolumns (10-15 subcolumns) I still think SuperColumns might be the
best solution for me...
In addition, building supercolumns with SSTableWriter is pretty
much strait-forward for me, while it's not the case with composites...

Any arguments?