From Rene Kochen <rene.koc...@schange.com>
Subject High commit size
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:00:02 GMT
Hi all,

On my test cluster I have three Windows Server 2008 R2 machines running
Cassandra 1.0.11

If i use memory mapped IO (the default), then the nodes freeze after a
while. Paging is disabled.

The private bytes are OK (8GB). That is the amount I use in the -Xms and
-Xmx arguments. The virtual size is big as expected because of the memory
mapped IO. However, the working set size (size in RAM) is 24 GB (my total
RAM usage). If I look with Process Explorer to the physical memory section
I see a very high value in the "WS Sharable" section.

Anyone has a clue what is going om here?

Many thanks!

Rene