From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: any way to prefer just 3 column families for partial row caching
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 02:08:19 GMT
> playOrm would prefer that only these rows are cached as every row in those tables are
indices

CF level key and row caching is specified by the "caching" property. It can be either KEY,
ROW or BOTH.

So you can turn on the row cache, but only have some CF's use it.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 11/09/2012, at 3:54 AM, "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov> wrote:

> We have 3 tables for all indexing we do called
> IntegerIndexing
> DecimalIndexing
> StringIndexing
>
> playOrm would prefer that only these rows are cached as every row in those tables are
indices.  Customers/Clients of playOrm tend to always hit the same index rows over and over
as they are using the app because the end customer is typically very related to those indexes.
 Some of these rows may have millions of columns though.  That should not be an issue, should
it?

> With this tuning, we can probably beat our previous query performance of 60ms…we never
really want to cache data rows, at least I don't think we want to as I am not sure there would
be much benefit but the index rows are constantly hit and when a few of them start to get
hit, they get hit repeatedly as the user uses the system in general.