From Shashilpi Krishan <Shashilpi.Kris...@wizecommerce.com>
Subject Cassandra failures while moving token
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 09:39:06 GMT
Hi

Actually problem is that while we move the token in a 12 node cluster we observe cassandra
misses (no data as per cassandra for requested row key). As per our understanding we expect
that when we move token then that node will first sync up the data as per the new assigned
token & only after that it will receive the requests for new range. So not sure why cluster
gives a miss as soon as we move token.

Is there any way/utility through which we can tell that a particular "row key" is fetched
from which node so as to ensure that token move is completed fine and data is lying on correct
new node and also being looked up by cluster on correct node. OR

Please tell that what is the best way out to change the tokens in the cluster.
Thanks & Regards

Shashilpi Krishan

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE