From Dustin Wenz <dustinw...@ebureau.com>
Subject Re: Practical node size limits
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 19:28:35 GMT
This is actually another problem that we've encountered with Cassandra; the range of platforms
it can be deployed on is fairly limited. If you want to run with Oracle's JRE (which is apparently
recommended), you are pretty much stuck with Linux on x86/64 (I haven't tried the new JDK
on ARM yet, but it sounds promising). You could probably do ok on Solaris, too, with a custom
Snappy jar and some JNA concessions.

	- .Dustin