From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Stream definition is lost after server restart
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 11:21:25 GMT
What is the query you are using to read the streams ?
Can you reduce the fault to "this query is not returning data but it's there" ?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 18/09/2012, at 4:11 PM, Ishan Thilina <ishan@ishans.info> wrote:

> Sorry,
>
> Forgot to mention that I'm using Cassandra 1.1.3
> --
> Thank you..!
> 071-6372089
>
> Ishan's info: www.ishans.info
> මගේ සටහන්: www.siblog.ishans.info
> Ishan's way: www.blog.ishans.info
>

> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 9:32 PM, Ishan Thilina <ishan@ishans.info> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently working on a project which uses Cassandra. I have a task running in my
server which will periodically look at a certain set of pre-defined data (of the server) and
writes them to Cassandra. The procedure for this work is as follows.

> 1. I give a name and a version to the task.
>
> 2. I configure what data should the task monitor.
>
> 3. The task will then look if a stream definition exists for the task using the task
name and its version.

> 4. If a definition does not exist, then the task will create a definition (By looking
at the types of data to be monitored).

> 5. Then (or if a stream definition exists) the task will write the data to Cassandra

> 6. The task will repeat the steps 3 to 5 forever (even after server restart).
>

> Please note that there can be multiple tasks like this monitoring different sets of data.
>

> The problem occurs when the server is used for few days and when several (around 100)
stream definitions are created, I have observed that after the server is restarted, a stream
definition does not exist exception is thrown in the step 3. I manually checked and the stream
definition actually exists.

> When a new server is used (with a clean Cassandra server), then everything works fine
for few days. But most of the time after a few days, the same issue arises.