From Radim Kolar <...@filez.com>
Subject Re: Nodetool repair and Leveled Compaction
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 15:04:34 GMT

> Repair process by itself is going well in a background, but the issue
> I'm concerned is a lot of unnecessary compaction tasks
number in compaction tasks counter is over estimated. For example i have
1100 tasks left and if I will stop inserting data, all tasks will finish
within 30 minutes.

I suppose that this counter is incremented for every sstable which needs
compaction, but its not decremented properly because you can compact
about 20 sstables at once, and this reduces counter only by 1.