From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Reading column names only
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 01:32:29 GMT
Re-work the data model if needed.

There are probably some savings inside the server and definitely on the network if you could
get just the column names. But it would take a lot of work to make the change and it's probably
better solved at the model layer.

Hope that helps.

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 14/09/2012, at 9:32 PM, Robin Verlangen <robin@us2.nl> wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> Is this something that's worth becoming a feature in the future? Or should I rework my
data model? If so, do you have any suggestions?

> Best regards,
>
> Robin Verlangen
> Software engineer
>
> W http://www.robinverlangen.nl
> E robin@us2.nl
>
> Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is intended solely
for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are reminded that the information remains the property of the sender.
You must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have received
this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and irrevocably delete this message
and any copies.

> 2012/9/14 aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com>
> It's not possible to read just the column names.
>
> Cheers

> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 14/09/2012, at 9:05 PM, Robin Verlangen <robin@us2.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Would it be possible to read only the column names, instead of the names and values?
I would like to store some in the value, but without the cost of slowing down the reads of
the column names (primary task).