From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra failures while moving token
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 20:57:24 GMT
>  As per our understanding we expect that when we move token then that node will first
sync up the data as per the new assigned token & only after that it will receive the requests
for new range.
When you use nodetool move the node will receive write requests for the new range. As well
as read and write requests for the old range.

> So not sure why cluster gives a miss as soon as we move token.
Can you explain the query you ran and the consistency level.

> Is there any way/utility through which we can tell that a particular “row key” is
fetched from which node

Try nodetool
key

It wont tell you how a particular query worked, but it will say where a row should be.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 24/09/2012, at 9:39 PM, Shashilpi Krishan <Shashilpi.Krishan@wizecommerce.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Actually problem is that while we move the token in a 12 node cluster we observe cassandra
misses (no data as per cassandra for requested row key). As per our understanding we expect
that when we move token then that node will first sync up the data as per the new assigned
token & only after that it will receive the requests for new range. So not sure why cluster
gives a miss as soon as we move token.

> Is there any way/utility through which we can tell that a particular “row key” is
fetched from which node so as to ensure that token move is completed fine and data is lying
on correct new node and also being looked up by cluster on correct node. OR