From Tim Wintle <timwin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove node from cluster and have it run as a single node cluster by itself
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 12:04:23 GMT
On Fri, 2012-09-28 at 18:53 +0000, Xu, Zaili wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an existing Cassandra Cluster. I removed a node from the cluster. Then I decommissioned
the removed node, stopped it,  updated its config so that it only has itself as the seed and
in the cassandra-topology.properties file, even deleted the data, commitlog, and saved_caches.
But as soon as I start it backup it is able to join back to the cluster.  How does this node
know the information of the existing cluster and was able to join it ?

The other nodes may be trying to connect to it - it may be listed as a
seed node on the other machines?

Tim