From "Xu, Zaili" <...@pershing.com>
Subject Remove node from cluster and have it run as a single node cluster by itself
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 18:53:32 GMT
Hi,

I have an existing Cassandra Cluster. I removed a node from the cluster. Then I decommissioned
the removed node, stopped it,  updated its config so that it only has itself as the seed and
in the cassandra-topology.properties file, even deleted the data, commitlog, and saved_caches.
But as soon as I start it backup it is able to join back to the cluster.  How does this node
know the information of the existing cluster and was able to join it ?

Zaili

IMPORTANT: Any information contained in this communication is intended for the use of the
named individual or entity. All information contained in this communication is not intended
or construed as an offer, solicitation, or a recommendation to purchase any security. Advice,
suggestions or views presented in this communication are not necessarily those of Pershing
LLC nor do they warrant a complete or accurate statement.

If you are not an intended party to this communication, please notify the sender and delete/destroy
any and all copies of this communication. Unintended recipients shall not review, reproduce,
disseminate nor disclose any information contained in this communication. Pershing LLC reserves
the right to monitor and retain all incoming and outgoing communications as permitted by applicable
law.

Email communications may contain viruses or other defects. Pershing LLC does not accept liability
nor does it warrant that email communications are virus or defect free.