From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject keyspace and column family creationŠhow to use ConsistencyLevel.ALL with creation?
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 13:30:01 GMT
The playOrm test suite drops the keyspace and recreates it for tests to wipe out the in-memory
or cassandra db.  Today, we successfully ran our test suite on a 6 node cluster.  The one
issue I had though was I needed to sleep after keyspace creation and column family creation.
 BEFORE that I researched if could increase the write consistency from QUORUM to ALL instead
of sleeping WHERE in this special case ALL meant the whole cluster ;) not just the replicated
nodes as when you write data.  Looking at the thrift api, this looks like it does not exist
though or am I mistaken?

If anyone knows of a method I can call that will not return until all nodes know about the
new keyspace and another for the new column family, please do let me know.  (I am hoping that
doesn't block data write/read operations of the cluster in general of course).

In our system, we are constantly creating new column families….in fact, it is part of a
data upload process and so for now I need to sleep BUT I don't know how long I have to sleep
for :( :( :( so a blocking method call would be much better.

Thanks,
Dean