From Roshni Rajagopal <Roshni.Rajago...@wal-mart.com>
Subject Data Modeling- another question
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:15:50 GMT
Hi,

Suppose I have a column family to associate a user to a dynamic list of items. I want to store
5-10 key  information about the item, & no specific sorting requirements are there.
I have two options

A) use composite columns
UserId1 : {
 <itemid1>:<Name> = Betty Crocker,
 <itemid1>:<Descr> = Cake
<itemid1>:<Qty> = 5
 <itemid2>:<Name> = Nutella,
 <itemid2>:<Descr> = Choc spread
<itemid2>:<Qty> = 15
}

B) use a json with the data
UserId1 : {
 <itemid1> = {name: Betty Crocker,descr: Cake, Qty: 5},
 <itemid2> ={name: Nutella,descr: Choc spread, Qty: 15}
}

Which do you suggest would be better?

Regards,
Roshni

individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
destroy it immediately. *** Walmart Confidential ***